You may have heard of someone who has had a nasty experience with online play, but with a serious online casino, you need not worry much. And considering the huge game selection these online casino sites have, and the endless time many gamers end up spending playing slots online it makes sense to make sure you are in safe hands before you flip out the VISA card.
Putting the time in beforehand will steer you clear from dodgy operators and protect your personal information. It will also help you find and benefit from the best bonuses and free spins. These offers can vary dramatically from one casino to the next. If you play slots for free before you start it will help you find out what casino games appeal to you and which you are good at.
Some criteria that form the basis for the selection of an online casino site:
When in the process of scouting out a new casino to play at for very first time, here are some things to take into consideration.
Does this casino site have:
– Interesting promotional offers (the famous welcome bonus)
– Fast deposits and withdrawals of money
– License and security
– Simple payment options
– Security of documentation and ID
– A good customer support that can help when needed
– More new games added each month
– Interesting VIP programs
The list goes on.
When you play slots, blackjack, roulette, bingo or scratch cards in online casinos for real money prizes, it’s satisfying to know you’re in good hands. You should also take some precautions above and beyond the first checklist. This is to ensure you can play safely whether you play on your PC or your mobile device.
What then is, a safe online casino?
Some criteria are more important than others. Let’s narrow it down.
- Personal data. Responsible handling of private information such as credit card information is a prerequisite. This also means that the casino does not sell your personal information for purposes other than what was agreed. If the casino is still selling such information, this should only happen in cases where players explicitly approve it and not something that is scribed in small text somewhere in the terms one accepts when registering.
- Adequate encryption of passwords and payment information.
- Fair games where winning chances and probabilities correspond to the industry norms. All slot machines have a return to player percentage and this information should be easily accessible.
- Payment of winnings and funds on a betting account are subject to the terms the player has approved.
- Terms and conditions of use between the casino and players are clear and available on the site at all times.
- Customer support enquiries should NEVER be expected to take more than two days. Preferably, you should be able to achieve immediate contact within a given period each business day through phone or live-chat. It is naturally expected that customer service is attentive and works with the customer to clarify any issues that come up.
From the seasoned player to the newbie, here are some starting points to look out for when choosing your next gaming adventure at a new casino.