Planning A Family Vacation – Useful Tips
We all get tied up in our jobs and responsibilities making it difficult to find some time to spend with our loved ones and family. Who wouldn’t like to take some time off and get away with their family and spend some quality time?
However, it is not the easiest task to book a vacation with the entire family. If you have an overactive toddler or a teenager going through puberty, you might find it a little difficult to plan the perfect vacation to keep everyone happy. Read on to find out how to plan the perfect getaway for you and your family.
- Going Through Schedules
The first step before you can decide the destination for your family vacation is to go through everyone’s schedules so as to figure out when and for how many days should you plan the vacation for. If you have school going kids, their vacation schedule is something you need to consider before booking the vacation. Once you have the dates fixed, the next step is to figure out your destination.
- Deciding on a destination
This is something that you all need to sit down as a family and decide so that there are no surprises later on. Deciding a place to keep everyone happy can be a bit tricky but with a little bit of research and planning, it can be done. Keep a lookout for places which offer activities and attractions for your children, your partner and yourself. Keeping your children occupied is a must and at the same time being able to visit places as a family is also something you must look for at a place before finalizing on the destination. Look for someplace with A resort for the whole family and is fun for both you and your kids.
- Booking flights
You must book well in advance to get reasonable prices, as booking for the entire family last minute will turn out be a very expensive affair. While travelling with children, keeping in mind their sleep schedule before booking the flight is helpful as, if your children fall asleep during the flight, any crankiness after reaching the destination can be avoided. Another tip is to always compare websites for flight prices before booking your tickets.
- Choosing an Accommodation
Look for hotels which are children friendly- that means that nowadays, there are hotels which have in-house activity rooms, gardens and many other activities to keep the kids happy and occupied. Whilst looking for such hotels keep in mind that this is your vacation as well, so look for hotels which offer you activities for you to relax and unwind as well like a spa or a golf course etc.
Things to Pack
There a quite a few things which will be going on at work and your house before you leave for your vacation. In such situations, one can find it difficult to remember to pack everything. Other than clothing, we have enlisted few things which you must pack for your vacation.
- First-Aid kit- While traveling with children this is a must- include basic ointments, Band-Aids, cotton and some general medicines.
- Board games/Playing cards- These can come in handy as great pass times with kids on long flights or road journeys.
- Water bottles– You can carry a reusable water bottle which will not only turn out to be cheaper but also help the environment by reducing the amount of plastic waste.
- Snacks- It is always advisable to carry some of your kids’ favorite snacks. Avoid sugary snacks as that can result in a very hyper kid, which is the last thing you want while traveling.
- Pack some coloring books, Frisbees or any other toys which you think your children will enjoy.
- Make sure all your and your children’s documents are kept in one place. Double check that they are packed before you leave your house.
The process of planning and re-planning can be tiresome. However, once you all are there and having the time of your lives, all the hard work will be worth it. After all, spending time with family in a new place and leaving behind your life’s worries is something that we all look forward to, and what better way to do it than to escape to a beautiful place for a vacation. Remember this is something that you and your family are going to remember and cherish for the rest of your lives.